How to change traditional tiling application to a new tiling method for durable beauty? Let’s review it!
Recently, I decided to remove the wooden floor installed in the pavilion on the yard lawn and replaced with tiles instead. I cannot bear frequent repairs due to over and over. I am thinking about what flooring materials could make a look as wood like tiles instead of real hardwood. I would like to have natural sensation flooring.
Common issues and queries you can face
The good points
- High adhesion performance than other tiling systems
- Very few debonding problem later because of full adhesion space at the back of tiles. Low possibility to create hollows.
- Apply onto many substrates such as cement, concrete, plastic, PVC, real wood, fake wood and even old tiles.- Pot life is 4 hours
- Tiles can be adjusted within 15 minutes after laying
- Many types of adhesives for your selection according to objective and types of tiles or stones
The weak point
Tile fixers are not skilled at this application as prefer to follow the traditional steps. This tiling application requires more tiling steps because it needs only the floor with level base before laying tiles.
From information I have received can make a conclusion about granito tiles as: They are one type of ceramic tiles but they are durable, solid texture and less likely to absorb water. So, no need to immerse them into water before laying due to low absorbent characteristics. That's why the best tiling material for granite tiles is to apply them with tile adhesive before laying for bonding strength and the most effective result. But tile fixers don't like this method as they are not familiar with it. Therefore, let's understand various types of tile adhesives and their distinguished qualification which type of adhesive is compatible with any application for the right selection. Even we don't do tiling ourselves, we will wisely see through tiling process to your home look like what you imagine with your efforts. The selection of tile adhesive should correspond to application, substrates and types of tiles which all affect mainly tiling work and budget.