TILING FOR CAR PARK, DEPARTMENT STORE AND INDUSTRY
Car park, department store and industry are considered to be heavy-duty area. Tile adhesive with high flexibility is necessary to be used for fixing tiles on these area.
Common issues and queries you can face
Flexible adhesive and grout bonding property and the absorption to compressive strength should be considered to use in heavy-traffic in order to support the movement of substrates and tiles.
- In case of cement renders or screeds, they should be left for at least 1 - 3 weeks to be dry.
- Movement joints of 5 - 6 mm wide should be left and then fill in the joints with special silicone sealant.
- All perimeter joints e.g. at tile corners, column corners and between two different materials, should be 5 - 6 mm wide and filled with special silicone sealant.
Tiling with Weber's flexible adhesive
- Leave the tile weber's flexible adhesive to dry for 24 hours before grouting.
Grout the joints according to the application
- Joint width should be around 3 - 12 mm in order to absorb the expansions of tiles and substrates.
- Flexible grout - weber.color outside - should be used in heavy-duty areas or the areas exposed to heavy traffic such as parking lots, selling areas in department stores and industries.
- Grout with resistant property to chemical agents and infection - weber.color poxy - should be used in wet & fresh areas and cold storages.