TILE DIFFERENTIATION ACCORDING TO WATER ABSORBTION
Tile absorption should be tested before tiling in order to choose the right adhesive. An easy way to test tiles absorption is to drop little amount of water on the tile back. If water is absorbed quite quickly, the tile is considered to be normal absorbent type. If water is still on tile back and takes time to be absorbed, the tile is considered to be low-absorbent type. If water is always on tile back without any absorption, the tile is considered to be non-absorbent type.
Tiles can be differentiated according to their water absorption into 3 types as follow:
Common issues and queries you can face
Solution main 1
Water absorption of large tiles: such as granites and marbles, depends on their sources of production. Special-grade tile adhesive designing for large-size tiles should be used for tiling even they have high water absorption.
Traditional mortar or standard-grade adhesive is not recommended for fixing low-absorbent and non-absorbent tiles because of the less porosities, which can be the cause of dislodged tiles.
Specific adhesive with additives providing flexibility and good bonding properties should be used when tiling low-absorbent and non-absorbent tiles.
Choose tile adhesive according to application and type of tile
2.FOR LOW-ABSORBENT OR NON-ABSORBENT TILE
- fixing low-porous and non-porous tile.
- for tiling in swimming pool.
- for fixing on existing tile without removing the tile.
- 2-in-1 which can be used for tiling and to prevent water.
- Ideal for tile-it-yourself in wet areas of your house.
- Suitable for any kinds and sizes of tiles.
- Applicable on cement-based substrate and tile-on-tile application
- Budget saving –being able to lay tiles on 35% more area than normal tile adhesive
- Working environment friendly due to its dustless property
- Sitable to lay tile in swimming pool, to use with porcelain tile, granite, and natural stone and suitable for tile-on-tile application
- Transportation cost saving from being light-weight
3.FOR TILING OF ALL TYPES AND SIZES OF TILES IN HEAVY-TRAFFIC AREAS OR ON EXTERNAL WALLS WHERE FLEXIBILITY IS EXPECTED
- fixing tile onto heavy-traffic areas or the areas subjected to vibration. Ideal for tiling on exterior walls.
- fixing tile on existing-tile substrate without removing any tile.
- fixing tile after primer when on wooden substrate and fiber-cement board.
4.FOR INTERIOR WALL TILING ON SPECIFIC SUBSTRATE SUCH AS WOOD, EXISTING TILE
- Fixing tile and mosaic on interior wall for GENERAL USE e.g.kitchen, living room
- Can be used on cement-based substrate and specific substrate; e.g. wood, cement-fiber board, light-weight concrete, and existing tile.
- Fixing tile and mosaic on interior wall ,ideally for HUMID AREA e.g. bathroom
- Can be used on cement-based substrate and specific substrate; e.g. plaster board, wood, cement-fiber board, light-weight concrete, and existing tile.
5.FOR TILING ON PLASTICS OR METALS
- Can be both adhesive and grout.
- Excellent performance allow excellence bonding comparing with all tile adhesive
- Ideal for tiling onto the area where chemical and acidic resistant properties are required e.g. dairy, food industry, hospital, etc.